Independent Funding Solutions Limited are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference : Z8892280
Independent Funding Solutions limited is a Credit Intermediary and not a lender. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations ( GDPR ) we are both a data processor and data controller. As a Credit Intermediary responsibility as a data controller will also pass to the particular finance company that your credit application is submitted to.
Information That we Collect : We will collect personal information in the following ways :
- Information that we may collect in relation to an application for a product or service may include but may not be restricted to: Name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, e mail addresses, employment details ( including income details ), bank details, dependants, driving licence details and passport details.
- Additional personal information may be requested if it is deemed necessary for us to continue to proceed with your application.
- Should you apply online via ifsfinance.co.uk or www.uk-car-finance.co.uk we will collect information about your computer hardware ie, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is used by Independent Funding Solutions Limited to maintain the quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the web site.
How We Use the Information We Collect :
- To provide you with information you require or have requested.
- To assess a credit application.
- To conform with regulations relating to identity confirmation and prevention of fraud and adherence to money laundering regulations.
- Where you have chosen to be made aware of our products and services.
- Responding to any communication you send to us.
- To respond to any enquiry or complaint relating to our services.
How We Share the Information We Collect :
We may share your personal information with the following parties :
- Third party loan service providers. We will endeavour to submit your application to the most suitable funder from our panel of lenders.
- Other third parties acting on our behalf such as our IT software and maintenance providers for analytical and storage purposes.
- We may also use or disclose information to the extent required by law, court order, as requested by other government law enforcement, or to enforce legal rights.
- Law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies if necessary such as HMRC, the Financial Conduct Authority and the Information Commissioners Office.
- Fraud Prevention Agencies.
Credit Reference Agencies :
Independent Funding Solutions Limited does not carry out any credit searches. Credit searches will however be undertaken by our third party finance providers once an application has been submitted by ourselves to the relevant funder.
Joint Applications :
If you provide personal information about someone else, for example a joint application you must only do so with the consent of the other person. If you enter into a product jointly with another person your data will be shared with the other person.
If you provide information about others you confirm that the other person has given you authority to act on their behalf and has agreed that you can provide their personal data.
Retention of Your Personal Information :
We need to keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected as described earlier. This includes retaining it in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and in the case of claims.
Your Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation Law :
Your personal information is protected under data protection law and you have a number of rights which you can enforce against us as your data controller. You should be aware that these rights do not apply in all circumstances. If you seek to exercise one against us it will be at this stage be explained to you whether the right does apply to you based on the facts.
Your rights are as follows :
- The Right to Be Informed : To have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed in certain circumstances.
- The Right to Object : The right in some cases to object to the processing of your information.
- The Right to Restrict Processing : The right in some cases to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The Right to Have Your Personal Information Erased : The right to have your personal information erased also known as the “Right to be Forgotten”.
- The Right to Request Access : To request access to the personal information held about you and to obtain certain prescribed information about how we process it.
- The Right to Data Portability : To move, copy, transfer certain personal information also known as Data Portability.
Third Party Websites :
Information Security :
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We currently protect personal data using safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and password protection. Our building has secured access and staff operate under strict data control procedures.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to protect such personal data, you will acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Accessing and Changing Personal Information :
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, or if you would like your personal information removed from our records please contact us by e mail at email@example.com and we will be happy to review, update or remove information as appropriate.
If you asked to be removed from our database we will mark your account “Closed” but will keep your information as per the retention period requirements. However, if you close your account then your personally identifiable information will not be used by us for any further purposes, nor sold or shared with third parties unless required to by law.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation you may request details of personal information we hold about you. Any request should be made to : Compliance Manager, Independent Funding Solutions Limited, Suite 18 Hattersley House, Burscough Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2XG.
If you have provided your consent, we may provide information about the products and services that we offer.
We may also share your information with marketing agencies, who provide marketing services to Independent Funding Solutions Limited. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by putting your request in writing along with your full name or by e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodging a Complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office :
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to report a concern with a Supervisory Authority which in the United Kingdom is The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
You can report concerns via the ICO website, but please allow us the opportunity first to understand your issue and see if we can resolve matters with you.
You can visit its website for more information : www.ico.org.uk
Contacting Independent Funding Solutions Limited
Independent Funding Solutions Limited
Suite 18 Hattersley House
Phone : 01695 573717
E Mail : email@example.com